Next Edo Gov’ll Be Elected On Individual Credibility, Not Party Affiliation – Ex-Senate Whip

Forum 8 years ago

Next Edo Gov’ll Be Elected On Individual Credibility, Not Party Affiliation – Ex-Senate Whip

A former Chief Whip of the Senate in the 4th National Assembly and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Edo State, Senator Rowland Owie, has said that the people of the state will, in the 2016 governorship election, vote based on the pedigree of the candidates, not the parties.

He, therefore, pleaded with the PDP to ensure that a credible candidate emerges in 2016 otherwise they should forget about reclaiming the state from the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Owie spoke at a thanksgiving service to mark his successful elevation to the 3rd grade of knighthood of St. John International, KSJI, at St. Albert’s Catholic Church, University of Benin, UNIBEN, yesterday.

Senator Owie, who stressed that credibility of the PDP aspirants will play a key role during the primaries of the PDP next year, said the people of the state would no longer vote on party lines but on the credibility of the individual so as to give Edo people the best governor.

“I want to appeal to Edo people that in 2016 which is crucial, the governor of this state shall not be elected on the basis of party but on the individual and his credibility. I urge our PDP members to ensure that an unblemished candidate emerges as our candidate. If we fail to do that then we don’t want the governorship of the state”,
he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
My father never campaigned for me, Gov Sani is my mentor – El-Rufai’s son
Forum | 17 hours ago

My father never campaigned for me, Gov Sani is my mentor – El-Rufai’s son

Akpabio, Gov Eno realigns for 2027 re-election bid
Forum | 21 hours ago

Akpabio, Gov Eno realigns for 2027 re-election bid

LP guber candidate, Akpata, Edo Deputy gov, Omobayo trade words over secretariat invasion
Forum | 21 hours ago

LP guber candidate, Akpata, Edo Deputy gov, Omobayo trade words over secretariat invasion

Edo Guber: Idahosa, Obaseki govt trade words over defection to APC
Forum | 1 day ago

Edo Guber: Idahosa, Obaseki govt trade words over defection to APC