Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces

Forum 8 years ago

Civilian Vigilante Groups Fighting Boko Haram To Be Integrated Into Armed Forces

Nigeria’s Defense Minister, Mansur Muhammad Dan-Ali, on Thursday disclosed that some civilians who have been fighting alongside the Joint Task Force against Islamist insurgents will soon be integrated into the armed forces.

Mr. Muhammad Dan-Ali made the disclosure during a courtesy visit to Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State in Maiduguri, the state capital. Nigeria’s Chief of Defense Staff, General G.A. Olanisakin, Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall S.B. Abubakar, and other military officers accompanied the minister on the visit.

The minister stated that numerous civilians had supported the military in counter-insurgency operations. He also assured the people of Borno State that the end of terrorist attacks by Boko Haram insurgents would soon come.

“Since President Muhammadu Buhari’s assumption of office, we have gained more ground against Boko Haram terrorists. And I assure you the menace of Boko Haram will soon be over,” Mr. Muhammad Dan-Ali declared.

He added that some civilian fighters would be integrated into the armed forces after necessary reviews. The minister thanked Governor Shettima for providing 30 sports utility vehicles to aid “Operation Dole Lafia,” the code name for the military’s counter-insurgency operations. According to the minister, the vehicles would help ease the task of the military.

Mr. Shettima expressed his gratitude to the minister and officially presented the 30 vehicles worth N304 million. He added that the state government was determined to continue assisting troops in their fight against Boko Haram.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 21 hours ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals

Traditional Ruler
Forum | 1 day ago

Traditional Ruler's Son, Three Others Dead As Rival Groups Clash In Bauchi

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Suppliers Arrested In Borno
Forum | 1 day ago

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Suppliers Arrested In Borno