Photos: Chinese diver's boyfriend proposes at Olympics medal ceremony

Forum 7 years ago

Photos: Chinese diver's boyfriend proposes at Olympics medal ceremony

Chinese diver He Zi had just received a silver medal for the women’s three-metre springboard at the Rio Olympics on Sunday, August 14.

But she ended up with another prize when her boyfriend Qin Kai, in front of a global TV audience, went down on one knee.

Qin Kai rushed up with a diamond ring during the medal ceremony of the women’s 3 metre springboard event, marking the second marriage proposal of the Olympics.

Speaking on her proposal, she said, “I didn’t know he would propose today and I didn’t expect myself to marry myself out so early,”
said He, who tearfully accepted the proposal with a big hug.

“I saw him during the afternoon and he seemed to be memorising something, so I asked him ‘what are you doing?’ and he said he was singing,” she told reporters.

“I’ve forgotten most of what he’s said (during the proposal), but it’s largely what you can expect like promises, but what touched me the most is that he said he was willing to be bullied by me for life.”.

The 25-year-old has been dating the 30-year-old Qin for the past six years, she added.

Congrats to them.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Davido Cheers As Fan Proposes To Girlfriend In His Presence
Forum | 3 days ago

Davido Cheers As Fan Proposes To Girlfriend In His Presence

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie

Photos Of Nigeria Air Force Bombarding Terrorists’ Hideout With Air Strikes In Zamfara
Forum | 6 days ago

Photos Of Nigeria Air Force Bombarding Terrorists’ Hideout With Air Strikes In Zamfara

South African Woman Sentenced to Life Imprisonment for Burning Her Boyfriend to Death in His Car
Forum | 1 week ago

South African Woman Sentenced to Life Imprisonment for Burning Her Boyfriend to Death in His Car