Arms Deal: Big Thieves Begging Obasanjo To Talk To Buhari

Forum 8 years ago

Arms Deal: Big Thieves Begging Obasanjo To Talk To Buhari

In secret they are begging for forgiveness but when they speak in public they will claim witch-hunting.

Some prominent Nigerians involved in the $2.1bn security fund scandal have started running to the house of ex-President Olusegun Obsanjo to help intervene on their behalf. Those who are begging are looking for soft-landing in other to escape going to jail. They steal Billions and want to walk from but if ordinary man steal N10k he will spend 10 years in prison awaiting trial. That's Nigeria for you.

According to Punch, one of Obasanjo's trusted aide confirmed that top politicians are contacting him.

“I can confirm that,” one of the former president’s trusted aides said when asked if the Obasanjo had been approached. Obasanjo, who played a major role in galvanizing support for Muhammadu Buhari prior to the 2015 election, is believed to have the ears of the current president.

However, the source said Obasanjo was not likely to accede to the requests of the influential Nigerians.

Some staff of the office of the National Security Adviser, who made useful statements to investigators of the EFCC, had named several prominent Nigerians in politics, business, governance and the media as beneficiaries of several “suspicious payments”.

“Everyone that Ibarahim Wambai mentioned would be called upon to tell us what they know. And I do not think the former vice-president will be exempted. All the names are in the public and Nigerians would be expecting us to do justice to all. And that is what we intend to do. No sacred cows,” said EFCC source.
[Ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs

EFCC Grills 13 Suspected Oil Thieves In Lagos
Forum | 4 days ago

EFCC Grills 13 Suspected Oil Thieves In Lagos

I
Forum | 5 days ago

I'm Grateful to Big Brother for Making Me A Star – Ilebaye

Police Arrests Two For Impersonation, Theft, Unlawful Possession Of Arms In Niger
Forum | 5 days ago

Police Arrests Two For Impersonation, Theft, Unlawful Possession Of Arms In Niger