My Husband Rented A Flat For Our 18-Year-Old Housemaid

Forum 8 years ago

My Husband Rented A Flat For Our 18-Year-Old Housemaid

Kairat Jimoh , a middle aged woman seeking a divorce from her husband, Sefiu , at the Oshodi Customary Court sitting in Lagos, was in tears when she narrated how the man abandoned his family and moved in with his 18-year-old housemaid whom he rented a flat fro while she and her three children live in a one-room apartment.

Kairat told the court that the affair with the maid that has threatened their marriage of 17 years, kicked off when she traveled and the husband started sleeping with the girl and on her return, the girl became insolent.

“Whenever I asked her to do a chore, she would look at me in the eye and tell me that she was tired. Whenever I threatened to take her back to our village, my husband would threaten to deal with me.

When I stood my grounds and sent her home, my husband threatened to kill me. My husband went behind my back and got accommodation for her three streets away from where we live.

He has become very wicked. He beats me up and would not stop until I get injuries. One night, he came back home drunk, got a knife and almost slit my throat.

I had to run out of the home to save my life. My life is endangered and as far as I’m concerned, this marriage can no longer stand because it has already broken down.

When I challenged him on why she should rent a flat for the girl while we live in a room, he told me he would chase me out of his house because I brought him bad luck.”

But Sefiu denied his wife's allegations, saying he only took the girl as his younger sister and would not try what his wife accused him of.

“I still love my wife. She should understand that men can change. But she should learn to be tolerant. I respect her and urge this court not to separate us.”

The President of the court, Mrs. R.I. Adetola, after hearing both parties, warned them to maintain the peace pending the determination of the suit which she adjourned till January 16, 2016, for further hearing.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo
Forum | 2 days ago

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo

Actress, Stephanie Okereke-Linus, Husband Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary
Forum | 5 days ago

Actress, Stephanie Okereke-Linus, Husband Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary

Wife In Pain as Cheating Husband Infects Her With HIV Five Months After Marriage
Forum | 1 week ago

Wife In Pain as Cheating Husband Infects Her With HIV Five Months After Marriage

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May
Forum | 1 week ago

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May