Urhobo people denounce their inclusion in Biafran map

Forum 8 years ago

Urhobo people denounce their inclusion in Biafran map

The National Publicity Secretary of the Urhobo Progress Union, UPU, Alhaji Mumakai-Unagha, yesterday denounced its membership in the proposed map of Biafra by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.
Making the position known yesterday in a statement,he warned that Urhobo and its territories should not be included in any IPOB plan.
He said:

“IPOB have their rights of agitation for freedom of self determination as enshrined in the united nation declaration stressing that other ethnic groups should not be dragged along to avoid the mistake that led to the civil war.

“The magnanimity of Urhobos in allowing Igbos celebrate the Igbo Cultural Day should not be taken for granted as we urge IPOB to delist Urhobo from its proposed map.”

Vanguard

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says
Forum | 2 days ago

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 3 days ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa

MAPOLY notice to Pharmaceutical Tech. students on misinformation regarding suspended Lectures
Forum | 3 days ago

MAPOLY notice to Pharmaceutical Tech. students on misinformation regarding suspended Lectures