I Did My Job As Expected, Never Stole Nigeria's Money As A Minister – Diezani Alison

Forum 8 years ago

I Did My Job As Expected, Never Stole Nigeria's Money As A Minister – Diezani Alison

A former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, has said she did not use her position to steal Nigeria’s money.

Alison-Maduekwe, who looked frail told the Publisher ofOvation MagazineandTheBoss Newspaper, Dele Momodu, said she performed her duties to the best of her knowledge and abilities.

Alison-Madueke was recently arrested by officials of the National Crime Agency, United Kingdom over suspected money laundering activities.

The former minister had been alleged to have used her position as minister to steal billions of naira from the country’s coffers.

In June 2008, Alison-Madueke was subject to a Senate probe after it emerged that as Transport Minister she had paid N30.9bn ($263m) to contractors between December 26 and 31, 2007. She is said to be worth over N1bn.

However, she has never been officially charged or tried for these allegations and has strongly denied any wrongdoing. She was alleged to have spent billions of dollars inappropriately on
private jets and responsible for some missing $20bn.

She is also widely accused of reckless spending of government funds.

In October 2009, the Senate indicted her and recommended prosecution for the alleged transfer of N1.2bn into the private account of a toll company without due process and in breach of concession agreement.

However, the allegations have never been taken to law, and the former minister had maintained innocence.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Stolen Girl: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Eastwood, & More Join Thriller Movie
Forum | 16 hours ago

Stolen Girl: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Eastwood, & More Join Thriller Movie

Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa
Forum | 20 hours ago

Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud
Forum | 22 hours ago