Again, NDLEA Warns Ekiti Youths Against Peddling Cannabis

Forum 8 years ago

Again, NDLEA Warns Ekiti Youths Against Peddling Cannabis

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has warned youths in Ekiti State to desist from peddling cannabis. The State Commander of the NDLEA, Mr Suleiman Jadi, gave the warning in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday in Ado-Ekiti.

He said that the agency had arrested and prosecuted more than 30 youths since January, in the state, for peddling cannabis.
[ads4]
Jadi said the number arrested included men and women who indulged in smoking, selling, cultivating or transporting cannabis.

“I am surprised and shocked with the attitude of youths in the state, in spite of several warnings and sensitization programmes organised for them, some are yet to desist from the illicit drug business. When most of them are caught by my officers, they will be giving several excuses that it was as a result of poverty, unemployment or lack of care from their parents. But I totally disagree with their excuses, simply because there are several man- made jobs that the youths can be productively engaged in. Drug peddling is not an ideal and lucrative business for the youths, regardless of the situation they may find themselves in the society,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
NDLEA confiscates illicit drugs, arrests 71 suspects in Kaduna
Forum | 3 hours ago

NDLEA confiscates illicit drugs, arrests 71 suspects in Kaduna

EPL: We won’t roll out red carpet for you – Postecoglou warns Guardiola, Man City
Forum | 23 hours ago

EPL: We won’t roll out red carpet for you – Postecoglou warns Guardiola, Man City

Matawalle: Zamfara APC youths tackle Rep, Jaji, over alleged rented crowd
Forum | 3 days ago

Matawalle: Zamfara APC youths tackle Rep, Jaji, over alleged rented crowd

Steer clear, perish thoughts of forcefully taking over Rivers State – PDP warns APC
Forum | 3 days ago

Steer clear, perish thoughts of forcefully taking over Rivers State – PDP warns APC