"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Euro 2024: This is not football – Denmark coach, Hjulmand cries out after defeat to Germany

Forum 2 days ago

Euro 2024: This is not football – Denmark coach, Hjulmand cries out after defeat to Germany

Denmark coach, Kasper Hjulmand has slammed the video assistant referee, VAR, after his side crashed out of the 2024 European Championship.

He was not happy following VAR’s controversial application in their defeat to Germany on Saturday in the Round of 16.

The Danes left the tournament as they saw a goal chalked off and a penalty given to opponents during the game.

The Scandinavians thought they had the lead in the 48th minute through Joachim Anderson only for the officials to interrupt their celebrations.

They were further dealt a blow when penalty was awarded Die Mannshaft in the 53rd minute.

“I rarely talk about these decisions but it was very decisive for this game.

“It’s frustrating. Being in front 1-0 would have changed everything,” the coach told the press after the game.

“This is not how we’re supposed to be using VAR, it’s one centimetre. And after a few minutes, there’s a penalty.

“I’m so tired of the ridiculous handball rules. We can’t require our defenders to run like this, it’s not natural!

“In my opinion, this is not how football is supposed to be.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Euro 2024: He stands out – Lothar Matthaus names best player of the tournament
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: He stands out – Lothar Matthaus names best player of the tournament

Euro 2024: Take less touches – Paul Scholes sends message to England midfielder
Forum | 3 days ago

Euro 2024: Take less touches – Paul Scholes sends message to England midfielder

Euro 2024: I know why Southgate prefers Saka, Foden – Cole Palmer
Forum | 3 days ago