‘You have no power to query me, Chief Imam not traditional title holder’ – Ayilara tackles Soun of Ogbomoso

Forum 3 days ago

‘You have no power to query me, Chief Imam not traditional title holder’ – Ayilara tackles Soun of Ogbomoso

The Chief Imam of Ogbomoso, Sheik Teliat Yinus Avilara has told the Soun of Ogbomoso, Oba Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye, that the office of the Chief Imam is not a traditional title.

Ayilara noted that the Chief Imam is not under the control of the Soun of Ogbomoso, hence, Soun has no power to query him.

Ayilara made these declarations in a letter addressed to the Soun as a response to a query issued to the Chief Imam by the traditional ruler.

Waploaded reports that the Soun of Ogbomoso, Oba Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye, had earlier issued a query to the Chief Imam for going to Saudi Arabia to perform Hajj exercise without informing him.

But, the Chief Imam, in his reaction, noted that he responded to the letters issued by the traditional ruler out of deep respect he have for Yoruba culture and tradition.

Ayilara, in the letter signed by his secretary, Ogunleye Sulaimon Ajasa, insisted that as a Muslim and spiritual head of the Muslim community in Ogbomoso, he is not subjugating the rules regulating the practice of Islam to Yoruba tradition and culture.

In the letter made available to Waploaded on Thursday, Ayilara said, “My case is that the office of Grand Chief Imam of Ogbomosoland is not a traditional title, and as such, it is not under the control of Soun of Ogbomosoland.

“My case against your majesty is still in court. And I strongly believe that when a matter is in court, the parties in the case must respect the authority of the court by abstaining from anything that may affect the case in court.

Your majesty calling on me to revert the appointment of those Muslim brethren I installed as Grand Mufti of Ogbomosoland, Amirul Wa’izin of Ogbomosoland, Khadimul-Islam of Ogbomosoland and Kanzul ‘Ulama’ of Ogbomosoland, to immediately return to Nigeria and rectify the appointment of acting Grand Chief Imam of Ogbomosoland I made is directly related to the case in court and I think the court must be respected.

"I also need to state that I am responding to your Majesty’s letters out of deep respect I have for Yoruba culture and tradition.

“However, as a Muslim and spiritual head of the Muslim community in Ogbomosoland, I am not subjugating the rules regulating the practice of Islam to Yoruba tradition and culture. It is a collective right of all Muslims. Kabiesi, I have forwarded the letters to my lawyers for onward transmission to the court. God bless Ogbomosoland, God bless Oyo State and God bless Nigeria at large.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lord of the Rings: The Hunt for Gollum Might Get a Title Change, Says Andy Serkis
Forum | 13 hours ago

Lord of the Rings: The Hunt for Gollum Might Get a Title Change, Says Andy Serkis

Sandra Iheuwa tackles Verydarkman for claiming Obi Cubana isn’t helping youths
Forum | 2 days ago

Sandra Iheuwa tackles Verydarkman for claiming Obi Cubana isn’t helping youths

Anthony Joshua to fight Dubois for world title as Usyk vacates IBF belt
Forum | 4 days ago

Anthony Joshua to fight Dubois for world title as Usyk vacates IBF belt

Emma Stone ‘Vocally Hated’ Original Title for Yorgos Lanthimos’ Kinds of Kindness
Forum | 4 days ago

Emma Stone ‘Vocally Hated’ Original Title for Yorgos Lanthimos’ Kinds of Kindness