Trump plans automatic Green Cards for Nigerians, other international students

Forum 6 days ago

Trump plans automatic Green Cards for Nigerians, other international students

Donald Trump, the 45th President of the United States, has said if re-elected his government would grant automatic Permanent Resident permits, known as Green Cards, to Nigerians and other international students who graduate from US colleges.

The former Republican President disclosed this recently in his immigration proposal titled ‘Build America visa’.

Trump is known for his hardline and conservative immigration stance, however, the new proposal represents a potential shift in how the US handles immigration, particularly in retaining international talent.

The US grants 1.1 million permanent legal resident visas yearly.

“What I would like is a new legal immigration system that protects American wages, promotes American values, and attracts the best and brightest from all around the world.”

He added, “What I will do is you graduate from college, I think you should get automatically as part of your diploma a Green Card to be able to stay in this country.”

He stressed that this policy would apply to graduates from all types of US colleges and those with doctorate degrees.

Trump is expected to battle for the US presidency with the incumbent President, Joe Biden, a Democrat, on November 5, 2024.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
MOUAU notice on students biometric capturing
Forum | 1 day ago

MOUAU notice on students biometric capturing

Save the Green Planet Gets New Title, Release Date Set for Yorgos Lanthimos & Emma Stone Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Save the Green Planet Gets New Title, Release Date Set for Yorgos Lanthimos & Emma Stone Movie

Sokoto State University undergraduate & DE students credentials verification exercise, 2023/2024
Forum | 4 days ago

Sokoto State University undergraduate & DE students credentials verification exercise, 2023/2024

AAU timetable for students smart card registration & biometric capturing (phase 1), 2023/2024
Forum | 6 days ago

AAU timetable for students smart card registration & biometric capturing (phase 1), 2023/2024