Euro 2024: He’s fearless – Walcott urges Southgate to replace Foden with England winger

Forum 1 week ago

Euro 2024: He’s fearless – Walcott urges Southgate to replace Foden with England winger

Former Arsenal forward, Theo Walcott, has urged England manager Gareth Southgate to drop Phil Foden for winger Anthony Gordon when the Three Lions play Denmark at Euro 2024 on Thursday.

Walcott insisted that Gordon is fearless, adding that he likes the Newcastle United winger.

“I like Anthony Gordon. I have seen him up and personal,” Walcott was quoted by Metro UK as saying.

“He likes to challenge defenders, keep them guessing and I feel like you are going to need something different, and that is why he’s there.

“So, if I was going to change things, I will probably put him in. I think there is a lot of debate about Phil Foden at this moment in time, who is best to play in those positions.

“Obviously, Bellingham for me, is a stand out player, which then means you lose a lot of Foden’s qualities, so I would probably like to see Anthony Gordon, if I’m being brutally honest.

“He’s so exciting, he’s fresh and he is fearless and I think you need that at international level.”

England won their first match 1-0 against Serbia, thanks to Jude Bellingham’s first half goal.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Euro 2024: Teams England could face in Round of 16 revealed
Forum | 1 day ago

Euro 2024: Teams England could face in Round of 16 revealed

Euro 2024: Saliba taken for drugs test, misses France team bus
Forum | 1 day ago

Euro 2024: Saliba taken for drugs test, misses France team bus

Euro 2024: Cristiano Ronaldo can’t get into England’s XI – Ally McCoist
Forum | 1 day ago

Euro 2024: Cristiano Ronaldo can’t get into England’s XI – Ally McCoist