Edo guber: PDP Ighodalo encouraging godfatherism, can’t be gov – Shaibu

Forum 1 week ago

Edo guber: PDP Ighodalo encouraging godfatherism, can’t be gov – Shaibu

A former Deputy Governor of Edo State, Philip Shaibu, has described the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, governorship candidate in the state, Asue Ighodalo as an outsider who can’t become governor.

Shaibu said Ighodalo is an encouragement of godfatherism because he’s the godson to Governor Godwin Obaseki.

He, however, vowed to support the All Progressives Congress, APC, governorship candidate in the state, Monday Okpebholo because a godson can never win the governorship election.

Addressing journalists at St. Paul Catholic Church, Airport Road, Benin, yesterday, Shaibu said the reign of godfatherism in Edo State must be brought to an end.

He also noted that the APC governorship candidate and his Labour Party counterpart are ‘homeboys.’

According to Shaibu: “I will support a ‘homeboy.’ I came in to contest to be the governor of Edo State, because I needed governance to return to a ‘homeboy,’ somebody who understands our plight, somebody who understands what the people are feeling.

“We have only two ‘homeboys’ in the major political parties: one is in LP and the other is in APC. I decided to follow the ‘homeboy’ in APC.

“Asue Ighodalo, who they are parading in the PDP is an outsider, and we have also agreed that no more ‘godfatherism’ in Edo.

“The man PDP is parading is the godson of Governor Godwin Obaseki. There is no way a godson can be governor of Edo State.”

Residents of Edo State will decide their next governor on September 21.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Former NTA Chairman, Ogbu, Abah picks Benue PDP chairmanship form
Forum | 16 hours ago

Former NTA Chairman, Ogbu, Abah picks Benue PDP chairmanship form

Council polls: Kwara PDP fixes councilorship, chairmanship primaries
Forum | 2 days ago

Council polls: Kwara PDP fixes councilorship, chairmanship primaries

Gusau Cargo Airport absurd, inconceivable – Shinkafi to Gov Lawal
Forum | 2 days ago

Gusau Cargo Airport absurd, inconceivable – Shinkafi to Gov Lawal