How I got inspired to start uploading my movies on YouTube – Ruth Kadiri

Forum 1 week ago

How I got inspired to start uploading my movies on YouTube – Ruth Kadiri

Actress and producer Ruth Kadiri has revealed what inspired her to start uploading her movies on the YouTube platform.

According to the actress, she began uploading her movies to YouTube to have a platform where she could tell her experiences without restrictions.

Speaking on BBC Pidgin platform, Ruth Kadiri disclosed that despite the first discouragement, she still decided to try.

Ruth Kadiri noticed that some people posted their movies on YouTube and decided to follow suit after returning from maternity leave.

In her words:

“I have been a producer for a long time but there are too many rules and regulations during production,”

“So I called my team and told them that I wanted an opportunity to express myself. For instance, if I see something online I want to learn it and after learning, I want to upload it somewhere.

“When I traveled to give birth, I was bored and started watching a lot of musical videos and noticed that some people put their films on YouTube.

“I told myself that I’ll come back to try it. Some people discouraged me and told me that there is no money in it. But because I needed a platform to express myself and tell my stories, I decided to try it.

“I told my team that we should shoot and if the film is not good enough, we will learn and use it as a learning process.”

She added;

“Personally I don’t worry about competition and I feel like as filmmakers, we are at the forefront and we hustle.

“If you remove YouTube from the industry, apart from filmmakers and content creators, people will go hungry.

“YouTube is an opportunity for a lot of filmmakers to make money and that’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Top 10 Trending Movies of the Past Week: Week 25, 2024
Forum | 13 hours ago

Top 10 Trending Movies of the Past Week: Week 25, 2024

Superman Set Photos: Lois Lane & Jimmy Olsen Don Animated Series Inspired Costumes
Forum | 1 day ago

Superman Set Photos: Lois Lane & Jimmy Olsen Don Animated Series Inspired Costumes

Kanayo O Kanayo reveals when Nigeria will start progressing
Forum | 1 day ago

Kanayo O Kanayo reveals when Nigeria will start progressing

Interview With the Vampire Season 3 Will Possibly Be Inspired by This Anne Rice Book
Forum | 6 days ago

Interview With the Vampire Season 3 Will Possibly Be Inspired by This Anne Rice Book