Transfer: Ambrose seals three-year contract with Aberdeen

Forum 1 week ago

Transfer: Ambrose seals three-year contract with Aberdeen

Nigerian striker Peter Ambrose has completed a move to Aberdeen from Hungarian side Ujpest for an undisclosed fee.

Ambrose penned a three-year contract with the Scottish Premiership club, with the option of another year.

The 22-year-old is the Dons’ second summer signing.

The talented forward attracted the interest of several clubs in the United Kingdom after his impressive displays for Ujpest last season.

Ambrose scored 10 goals in 27 starts for Ujpest in the 2023–24 campaign.

He said joining Aberdeen is a big step in his career.

It feels so good to be here. I have had such a warm welcome from everybody and I think everything will be very good here,” he told the club’s official website.

“I spoke to the manager and he told me his plans and what we would be working on. He told me that he would teach me and direct me on how he wants to play and that I just have to trust him and everything would be fine.

“When I was told of the interest from Aberdeen, I was so grateful. Growing up as a kid, I knew about the Scottish League and Aberdeen so I feel it is a big step for me.

“I can’t wait to pull on the Aberdeen shirt and to see the fans and play in front of them.”

Ambrose started his career with Optimum Academy in Abuja. He played for Turkish outfit Balikesispor before moving to Ujpest.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Be proud – Ronaldo reacts to departure of Real Madrid star from Bernabeu
Forum | 19 hours ago

Transfer: Be proud – Ronaldo reacts to departure of Real Madrid star from Bernabeu

Transfer: Stemmer urges Orlando Pirates to sign Nwabali
Forum | 19 hours ago

Transfer: Stemmer urges Orlando Pirates to sign Nwabali

Transfer: Dessers set for PAOK Salonica switch
Forum | 19 hours ago

Transfer: Dessers set for PAOK Salonica switch

Transfer: Nusa to replace Olise at Crystal Palace
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Nusa to replace Olise at Crystal Palace