Samklef shares emotional message to celebrate 13th anniversary of Wizkid’s debut album

Forum 1 week ago

Samklef shares emotional message to celebrate 13th anniversary of Wizkid’s debut album

Music producer Samklef has reflected on his growth over the years as he celebrates the 13th anniversary of Wzkid’s debut album”Superstar,”

Samklef has taken to his page to reflect as he shares how he used to be homeless and slept on the ground while working as a struggling producer.

He recounted how he was humiliated by a music director because he wasn’t able to pay an amount of N5,000 after shooting a music video with him.

“I was homeless, sleeping on the floor in Oregun, at Mudina studio when I produced vector kilode….when I first created “Tease Me.” One night, after a video shoot for “Noni,” where I was humiliated by a director because I couldn’t pay him the remaining N5,000, The director stopped shooting, and my friends laughed and mocked me.

I begged Rodney to let me stay with him. That night, I left Oregun and moved in with Rodney and his wonderful family. His parents were kind to me.

As I started making a little money, I wanted to find my own place, but instead of getting a house, I rented a friend’s studio in Imole, opposite Big Treat, for 100,000 naira monthly. Nobody knew I was sleeping there; I kept it to myself. That’s where I produced “Don’t Dull.”

After a few months, I got another office space in Ogba, where I produced the remaining four tracks for the “Superstar” album. I started with nothing, and now I’m here.

Happy 13th anniversary to Wizkid’s “Superstar” album!

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido shares hint on the cost of Chioma’s engagement ring
Forum | 3 days ago

Davido shares hint on the cost of Chioma’s engagement ring

IK Osakioduwa shares his thoughts on going 50-50 with his wife in marriage
Forum | 3 days ago

IK Osakioduwa shares his thoughts on going 50-50 with his wife in marriage

“I wish you were here to celebrate with me” – Funke Akindele writes on Mum’s posthumous birthday
Forum | 5 days ago

“I wish you were here to celebrate with me” – Funke Akindele writes on Mum’s posthumous birthday

Davido turns up to support Victony at his debut album listening party
Forum | 5 days ago

Davido turns up to support Victony at his debut album listening party