"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Korede Bello reveals why he quit smoking

Forum 1 week ago

Korede Bello reveals why he quit smoking

Nigerian singer Korede Bello has opened up about how he puffed smoke in the past, revealing that his environment played a significant role in his decision to start smoking at a young age.

The “God Win” crooner shared his story on a recent episode of the “Say My Piece” podcast, hosted by actress Lolo1.

Bello recalled how he was exposed to smoking from a tender age, having grown up watching his father smoke.

However, he eventually realized that it wasn’t his “thing” and successfully quit the habit.

He said …

“I tried weed before but it’s not my thing. Very early on in my life, I mean not in my life like when I was a child, but it was just something that people did around me also and this is something about myself I have a very addictive personality so whatever I find pleasurable it can turn into an addiction.”

Korede Bello revealed that his father, who was a smoker himself, would often send him to buy cigarettes, but paradoxically, he also warned him against smoking.

“My dad used to smoke a lot of cigarettes and as a child, he used to send me to get him cigarettes. I noticed something then, he used to cough a lot so I’d ask him ‘Daddy why are you coughing?’ and he’d tell me ‘It’s because of the cigarette. So if you don’t wanna cough like me, don’t smoke’,” he added.

The musician credits his father’s wise counsel and his own personal experiences with shaping his perspective on smoking. He developed a strong conviction that smoking is harmful and unhealthy, which ultimately motivated him to quit the habit.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Reveals What Marvel Banned in R-rated Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Reveals What Marvel Banned in R-rated Sequel

MKO Abiola’s son reveals DNA proved father had only 55 children not 103
Forum | 1 day ago

MKO Abiola’s son reveals DNA proved father had only 55 children not 103

Fuji legend, Ayuba reveals how he almost quit music to become lecturer
Forum | 1 day ago

Fuji legend, Ayuba reveals how he almost quit music to become lecturer