My reforms have created hardship -Tinubu admits in Democracy Day broadcast

Forum 1 week ago

My reforms have created hardship -Tinubu admits in Democracy Day broadcast

President Bola Tinubu has admitted that his reforms have created hardship for Nigerians.

But he added that they are necessary to bring about the needed change the country had longed for.

Tinubu made this declaration in a national broadcast to commemorate the 2024 Democracy Day and the 25th year of uninterrupted democratic rule in the country.

He said that as a beneficiary of the historic efforts of the heroes of democracy, he was morally bound to preserve the present form of government.

I stand uniquely placed in this regard. I was among those who took the risk to midwife the birth of our democracy. I am now a direct and obvious beneficiary of the fruits of those historic efforts.

“As President of this nation, I am morally and constitutionally bound to preserve this precious form of governance.

“I vow to do my utmost best to protect your rights, freedoms, and liberties as citizens of Nigeria.

“Even more than that, I pledge to do whatever is necessary to cement democracy as our way of life,” he said.

The President thanked Nigerians for the opportunity to lead the country and promised not to turn his back on them.

He called on Nigerians to beware of those trying to exploit the current challenges in the country to undermine and destroy the democracy for which so much had already been given.

According to him, as Nigerians, we must remind ourselves that no matter how complicated democracy may be, it is the best form of governance in the long run.

“We must also be aware that there are those among us who will try to exploit current challenges to undermine, if not destroy this democracy for which so much has already been given.

“These people do this not to make things better but to subject all other people and things to their control and dominance until the point that, if you are not counted among their elite, then your life will be small and no longer owned by you,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
John Krasinski Explains How A Quiet Place; Day One Is Different From Past Movies
Forum | 4 days ago

John Krasinski Explains How A Quiet Place; Day One Is Different From Past Movies

Mr Ibu’s wife recounts tearful moment on Father’s Day without late husband
Forum | 4 days ago

Mr Ibu’s wife recounts tearful moment on Father’s Day without late husband

EPL: Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea 2024/2025 opening day matches confirmed [Full fixtures]
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea 2024/2025 opening day matches confirmed [Full fixtures]

Yomi Casual’s wife admits her biggest flaw, warns against praying to be like her
Forum | 1 week ago

Yomi Casual’s wife admits her biggest flaw, warns against praying to be like her