"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Edo: Why I dumped PDP for APC – Idahosa

Forum 1 week ago

Edo: Why I dumped PDP for APC – Idahosa

A former Commissioner for Information in Edo State, Charles Idahosa, has said Governor Godwin Obaseki’s disregard for leaders in the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, led to his exit from the PDP to APC.

Idahosa made this revelation on Tuesday in Benin, saying he played a critical role in Obaseki securing his second term ticket and his subsequent victory at the 2020 governorship election.

DAILY POST recalls that Idahosa had defected to APC from PDP in 2020, saying he could not stand and watch Obaseki being oppressed and badly treated by APC leaders by denying him a return ticket.

“I stood up against former governor Adams Oshomhole, who was then, the APC national chairman, whom I had worked with in various capacities before the 2016 governorship election.

“So, because I saw that Obaseki was being victimized, my supporters and I decided to move with him to the PDP where he eventually secured the ticket and returned as the governor for the second time.

“Unfortunately when he came, he wasn’t fair to the people and party leaders that helped him to power.

“He keeps saying that people are angry with him because they wanted him to share state money with them and I have challenged him to mention the names of the people so that the whole world will know them.

“So I just got frustrated and left the party because he has not been fair to party leaders and the people that stood for him in 2020 when he had problems in APC, ” Idahosa said.

The former PDP chieftain also added that besides the ill-treatment, the state had not experienced development in the last seven years.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Osun APC, PDP clash over plans to woo transport unions
Forum | 2 days ago

Osun APC, PDP clash over plans to woo transport unions

Edo guber: PDP expels Ogbeide-Ihama for alleged anti-party activities
Forum | 2 days ago

Edo guber: PDP expels Ogbeide-Ihama for alleged anti-party activities

“How brand dumped me, demanded refund due to controversy” – Doyin David
Forum | 3 days ago

“How brand dumped me, demanded refund due to controversy” – Doyin David