Euro 2024: Southgate gives condition to remain as England boss amid link with Man United

Forum 1 week ago

Euro 2024: Southgate gives condition to remain as England boss amid link with Man United

England manager Gareth Southgate has opened up on his future as the Three Lions boss.

The Englishman is being linked with a move to Manchester United this summer.

And the former England international admitted that the forthcoming Euro 2024 could be his last chance with the national team.

United are in search for a new manager and have been linked with multiple names in the last couple of months, with Southgate appearing in the list.

The club are apparently not satisfied with Erik ten Hag’s work this season and are looking to move on from the Dutchman.

The UK Express recently reported that the club has already started talks with Southgate over a summer switch.

Southgate recently came out to deny those links, but the rumors continue to linger.

The Englishman is busy preparing the Three Lions for the European championship and has seized the opportunity to address his future amid Red Devils links.

“If we don’t win, I probably won’t be here anymore. Therefore, it might be the last chance,” he told German outlet Bild (via Metro).

“I think around half the national coaches leave after a tournament – that’s the nature of international football.

“I’ve been here for almost eight years now and we’ve come close. You can’t constantly put yourself in front of the public and say, ‘A little more please’, because at some point people lose faith.

“If we want to be a great team and I want to be a top coach, you must deliver in big moments,” the Manchester United target added.

Gareth Southgate has been in charge of the England national team since taking over from Sam Allardyce in September 2016.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Wrexham boss elated to sign Okonkwo on permanent deal
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Wrexham boss elated to sign Okonkwo on permanent deal

Euro 2024: Be bold enough to drop Harry Kane – McCoist tells Southgate
Forum | 1 day ago

Euro 2024: Be bold enough to drop Harry Kane – McCoist tells Southgate

EPL: Van Nistelrooy set for shock return to Man Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Van Nistelrooy set for shock return to Man Utd

Euro 2024: Gary Neville predicts two changes Southgate will make for England vs Slovenia
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Gary Neville predicts two changes Southgate will make for England vs Slovenia