"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Why I cry whenever I watch Breath of Life – Chimezie Imo

Forum 2 weeks ago

Why I cry whenever I watch Breath of Life – Chimezie Imo

Popular actor and AMVCA winner, Chimezie Imo reveals why he tears up whenever he watches his movie, Breath of Life.

It would be recalled that the 32-year-old actor won the trailblazer award at the African Movie Viewers’ Choice Awards in May, 2024 for his role as Elijah in Breath of Life.

He recently revealed, in a recent interview with Punch, that the movie still gets him emotional whenever he sees it.

Chimezie noted that the intent of the movie wasn’t to get people to cry, as they were only telling a story through it.

He revealed that he does cry whenever he watches the movie, and he feels that the reason why most people cry whenever they see the movie is because what Elijah felt in the movie resonated with them, and they were able to feel the same way he did.

“Whenever I watch the movie, I still cry. We were just trying to tell a story; there was no attempt to make people cry. But, people watched it, and they felt what the character felt. I tried my best to be Elijah (the character) and transmit every emotion that he felt. I tried to understand his journey, why he is how he is, and I tried to portray him in the most honest way I possibly could. And, that moved people to tears. I guess I did a decent job.”

When asked what he feels about his winning the trailblazer award at the AMVCA, he said …

“I have won other awards from film festivals, but I think it is safe to say this is a major one. The feeling has been great. I have always been grateful for every nomination and every win; and for this one, I am thankful for being recognised. I am grateful to the AMVCA team, and everyone who has always supported, criticised, and watched my films”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Life of Chuck Photo Previews Tom Hiddleston in Mike Flanagan’s Stephen King Adaptation
Forum | 2 days ago

The Life of Chuck Photo Previews Tom Hiddleston in Mike Flanagan’s Stephen King Adaptation

Minnesota Mean Release Date Set, Watch Exclusive Clip for Sports Documentary
Forum | 3 days ago

Minnesota Mean Release Date Set, Watch Exclusive Clip for Sports Documentary

Imo State College Of Nursing And Health Sciences releases admission results, 2024/2025
Forum | 5 days ago

Imo State College Of Nursing And Health Sciences releases admission results, 2024/2025

Man jailed for life for killing pregnant woman
Forum | 1 week ago

Man jailed for life for killing pregnant woman