Transfer: He ticks all the boxes – Shaka Hislop tells Arteta to sign Super Eagles star

Forum 3 weeks ago

Transfer: He ticks all the boxes – Shaka Hislop tells Arteta to sign Super Eagles star

Former West Ham star, Shaka Hislop has advised Mikel Arteta and those in charge of transfer at Arsenal to focus on signing Victor Osimhen this summer transfer window.

He said that a move for Osimhen would boost the Gunners’ chances of winning titles next season.

Arsenal have come very close to winning the Premier League title for the fourth consecutive season but failed.

They finished a close second in the Premier League, two points off champions Manchester City last season.

They are being linked with Osimhen who is leaving Napoli and is said to be keen on a move to the Premier League.

Hislop told ESPN that Arsenal need to sign the 25-year-old to improve their fortunes next season.

“He ticks all the boxes that Arsenal need. He provides the physicality if not a little bit more than Kai Havertz does in terms of height and setpieces,” Shaka Hislop stated.

“He provides the finishing that Gabriel Jesus promised but hasn’t delivered in the past couple of seasons.

“If I am Mikel Arteta, I am making Osimhen my number one target and then we see who else we can sell and replace and where else we can strengthen in the squad.

“But without question, the first order of business is that style of finisher and I think Osimhen ticks all the boxes that Arsenal need.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Napoli to lower Osimhen’s asking price
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Napoli to lower Osimhen’s asking price

Transfer: Al Merreikh’s transfer won’t affect Super Eagles’ chance – Olorunleke
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Al Merreikh’s transfer won’t affect Super Eagles’ chance – Olorunleke

Transfer: Real Madrid player, Vinicius announces his departure
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Real Madrid player, Vinicius announces his departure