One of the best seasons – Ronaldo boasts as Al Nassr finish trophyless

Forum 3 weeks ago

One of the best seasons – Ronaldo boasts as Al Nassr finish trophyless

Al Nassr forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, has described his first full season at the club as “one of the best” of his career.

Ronaldo stated this after receiving the award for scoring the most goals in the league, a record-breaking 35, on Monday.

During his first full season in the Saudi Pro League, the 39-year-old broke the league record for goals in a season of 34, set by Abderrazak Hamdallah in 2018–19.

To be honest, it means a lot because it’s my work,” Ronaldo said

“I have to be honest and say it’s not something I was looking for at the beginning of the season, but over time I started to see that it was possible. So, I have the opportunity to say thank you to my teammates because, without the team, nothing individually would have been possible.

“I feel very proud to beat the Saudi League record. It’s great for me, I feel happy, and this is my motivation to play football, to train every time, and to carry on like that.”

Despite Ronaldo’s individual accolades, Al Nassr ended the campaign without a single trophy.

They finished second in the SPL behind Al Hilal, and also failed to win any of the Asian Champions League, Saudi Super Cup and Saudi King’s Cup.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Euro 2024: Proud of this team – Ronaldo reacts to Portugal’s 3-0 win over Turkey
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Proud of this team – Ronaldo reacts to Portugal’s 3-0 win over Turkey

Euro 2024: Ronaldo sets new record as Portugal crush Turkey 3-0
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Ronaldo sets new record as Portugal crush Turkey 3-0

Euro 2024: Stop comparing Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo – Griezmann tells fans
Forum | 4 days ago

Euro 2024: Stop comparing Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo – Griezmann tells fans

Euro 2024: Van der Vaart picks best goal of the tournament
Forum | 4 days ago

Euro 2024: Van der Vaart picks best goal of the tournament