"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Why I put Asake, Seyi Vibez on my album despite being rivals – Ayra Starr

Forum 2 weeks ago

Why I put Asake, Seyi Vibez on my album despite being rivals – Ayra Starr

Afrobeats sensation, Ayra Starr clarifies her reason for collaborating with Asake and Seyi Vibez, despite the rivalry between the two superstars.

In an interview on The Beat FM Lagos, Ayra Starr explained that her choice to work with them was purely based on her admiration for their musical talents.

When asked if her decision to feature both singers on her second album, ‘The Year I Turned 21,’ was influenced by their supposed rivalry, she responded that it was not intentional.

Although Asake and Seyi Vibez have not had any public disputes, there has been noticeable tension between their fan bases on social media

Ayra Starr on working with rivals, Asake and Seyi Vibez

“I didn’t put Asake and Seyi Vibez on my album because of their rivalry. I didn’t know about the rivalry between Asake and Seyi Vibez. I just love both of them as artists”

”I’m really big on sonic; what would sound good sonically. My team is always thinking of the business side but I’m just thinking of who would be sonically compatible with me. And I’ve been listening to Seyi Vibez’s ‘Different Pattern’ for a very long time. So I decided to work with him. When I sent the record to him, he sent his verse almost immediately.

“They were very quick with it. Asake, too, he sent me his verse in three days.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Rivals of Amziah King Cast: Kurt Russell, Cole Sprouse & More Join Matthew McConaughey Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

The Rivals of Amziah King Cast: Kurt Russell, Cole Sprouse & More Join Matthew McConaughey Movie

Ayra Starr makes history as first Nigerian female artist on Billboard 200
Forum | 1 week ago

Ayra Starr makes history as first Nigerian female artist on Billboard 200

Tems album hits over 5.4M Spotify streams on first day of release
Forum | 1 week ago

Tems album hits over 5.4M Spotify streams on first day of release

Maureen Esisi speaks on marital flaws despite admiring ex-husband’s personality
Forum | 1 week ago

Maureen Esisi speaks on marital flaws despite admiring ex-husband’s personality