"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

EPL: Eden Hazard names manager he wants to replace Pochettino at Chelsea

Forum 3 weeks ago

EPL: Eden Hazard names manager he wants to replace Pochettino at Chelsea

Former Chelsea star Eden Hazard has put forth a surprising candidate for the club’s next manager following Mauricio Pochettino’s recent departure.

Pochettino parted ways with Chelsea by mutual agreement after just one season.

The Argentine guided the team to a sixth-place finish and a return to European competition.

As the club explores potential replacements, Hazard has suggested an unexpected option: his former teammate Cesc Fabregas.

Hazard, who played for Chelsea from 2012 to 2019, believes Fabregas could be a suitable choice despite his lack of permanent managerial experience.

Fabregas, currently at Como in Italy, started as a player before transitioning to an interim managerial role in 2023 after Moreno Longo’s dismissal.

He later became an assistant under new manager Osian Roberts.

When asked about Roberto De Zerbi, a candidate for the role, Hazard told talkSPORT: “Maybe. I have my friend also in Como. He can be the first manager.”

Reflecting on Pochettino’s exit, Hazard expressed his disappointment: “I was a bit sad, to be fair. I think he did a great job. I know people want Chelsea to be in the top four but it’s just a season of transition. He’s a great manager. I wish him good luck. Let’s see who’s going to be there in the future.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Euro 2024: Schweinsteiger names player to win Golden Boot
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Schweinsteiger names player to win Golden Boot

Euro 2024: Wayne Rooney names three favourites to win trophy
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Wayne Rooney names three favourites to win trophy

Transfer: Why Chelsea might not trigger Olise’s £60m release clause
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Why Chelsea might not trigger Olise’s £60m release clause