"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

FA Cup final: He proved me wrong – Keane on Man Utd star

Forum 3 weeks ago

FA Cup final: He proved me wrong – Keane on Man Utd star

Manchester United legend Roy Keane has admitted that he was proven wrong by the display of captain Bruno Fernandes during the Red Devils’ FA Cup final victory against Manchester City on Saturday.

Keane was speaking after Man United’s FA Cup final 2-1 win over Manchester City at Wembley Stadium.

Two goals from Alejandro Garnacho and Kobbie Mainoo gave Erik ten Hag’s the victory over City as Jeremy Doku’s goal was not enough for the Premier League champion.

Speaking to ITV Sport, Keane said Fernandes’ leadership was outstanding.

“It was a proper Manchester United performance. They were dogged, sat in and played some good football, scoring two goals. They had confidence from the past two games,” Keane said.

“I have been critical of Bruno [Fernandes] over the years, but I’ve been proven wrong, his leadership was outstanding. I’ve always mentioned how brilliant he is as a player.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Elite Season 8 Release Date Set for Netflix Teen Drama’s Final Installment
Forum | 2 days ago

Elite Season 8 Release Date Set for Netflix Teen Drama’s Final Installment

Emily Blunt in Talks to Star in Steven Spielberg’s Next Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Emily Blunt in Talks to Star in Steven Spielberg’s Next Movie

Ben Barnes and Mary-Louise Parker to Star in New Stephen King Series Adaptation The Institute
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Barnes and Mary-Louise Parker to Star in New Stephen King Series Adaptation The Institute

Police arrest, detain trigger-happy officer for ‘killing’ 20-year-old man over money
Forum | 3 days ago

Police arrest, detain trigger-happy officer for ‘killing’ 20-year-old man over money