"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

2026 WCQ: How Super Eagles can beat South Africa – Finidi

Forum 3 weeks ago

2026 WCQ: How Super Eagles can beat South Africa – Finidi

Super Eagles head coach, Finidi George has said his team can beat South Africa only if all the players give 100 percent on the pitch, Waploaded reports.

Nigeria and South Africa will clash in a 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifying matchday three encounter in Uyo next month.

The encounter will be Finidi’s first official game in charge of the Super Eagles.

The Super Eagles will also be seeking their first win in the qualifying series after drawing their opening two games against Lesotho and Zimbabwe.

Finidi posited that they will win the game if all the players replicate their club form against Bafana.

“We know it’s a difficult game, we played against South Africa in the concluded AFCON and we know their capacity.

“Most of their players play in South Africa but we know if our players give that 100 percent that we see them do in Europe, we would not have problems winning that game,” he said at a media parley in Lagos.

“I believe with the form our players have and the way they are playing in Europe we will definitely have that form for those games. I think we are good to go and we just pray that we have that luck.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Paris 2024: Oshoala optimistic Super Falcons will qualify from ‘group of death’
Forum | 3 days ago

Paris 2024: Oshoala optimistic Super Falcons will qualify from ‘group of death’

‘I hope all is well’ – Atiku sympathises with Tinubu over Eagles Square slip
Forum | 4 days ago

‘I hope all is well’ – Atiku sympathises with Tinubu over Eagles Square slip

‘Tinubu not superman’ – Presidency breaks silence after Eagles Square fall
Forum | 4 days ago

‘Tinubu not superman’ – Presidency breaks silence after Eagles Square fall