"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

EPL: You’ve made a mistake – Paul Merson slams Chelsea over Pochettino sacking

Forum 3 weeks ago

EPL: You’ve made a mistake – Paul Merson slams Chelsea over Pochettino sacking

Former Arsenal star, Paul Merson has slammed Chelsea over the club’s decision to part ways with Mauricio Pochettino.

The Blues announced on Tuesday that the Argentine will no longer remain as the manager at Stamford Bridge with both sides said to have ended things on mutual understanding.

Merson said that the Blues are making a big mistake, and he cannot believe their move.

Merson posted a video on his X account and expressed his surprise at the move after the club made the announcement.

He stated that the former Paris Saint-Germain and Tottenham manager had just got the players doing well on the pitch and deserved more time.

“Just seen the news about Pochettino. Cannot believe he’s gone. Cannot believe. I mean, whoever’s making this decision is – I, I just – how are you going to replace the manager?

“Like he just got the team going. Went on a great run. Getting to Europe, got into seventh in the league from where [corrects himself] sixth in the league from where they were, you know, and he’s just got his team playing. It’s madness. I cannot believe what I’m hearing,” Merson said.

Chelsea are now in the market looking for next manager.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘Shocking’ – Aguero impressed by Chelsea’s star form
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: ‘Shocking’ – Aguero impressed by Chelsea’s star form

EPL: Ten Hag gives three conditions to sign new Man Utd contract
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Ten Hag gives three conditions to sign new Man Utd contract

EPL: He should be your top priority – Sheringham tells Man Utd to sign Chelsea target
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: He should be your top priority – Sheringham tells Man Utd to sign Chelsea target

EPL: Ten Hag to continue as Man Utd manager after season review
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Ten Hag to continue as Man Utd manager after season review