"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

The Smashing Machine: Dwayne Johnson’s Intense MMA Training for Mark Kerr Movie Begins

Forum 1 week ago

The Smashing Machine: Dwayne Johnson’s Intense MMA Training for Mark Kerr Movie Begins

Dwayne Johnson has shared a video that shows him training for The Smashing Machine.

On X, Johnson shared a video that shows he’s begun training for The Smashing Machine, a new A24 movie directed by Benny Safdie about Mark Kerr.

“I’m learning daily and it’s been a very humbling, intense and motivating journey into this world of combat and becoming, Mark Kerr – the two-time UFC Heavyweight Tournament Champion, World Vale Tudo Champion,” Johnson’s caption reads. “I’m a hard worker, but I realized that I’d have to work harder with this role than anything I’ve ever worked for in my life. This physicality is just one part of the larger journey, that is truly a team effort. Growing and grateful.”

Check out Johnson’s The Smashing Machine video below:

What do we know about The Smashing Machine?

In December 2023, A24 announced that Johnson and Safdie were collaborating on The Smashing Machine. Along with directing the movie, Safdie — known for co-directing 2017’s Good Time and 2019’s Uncut Gems alongside his brother, Josh Safdie — also wrote the screenplay.

“The Smashing Machine is a drama based on the story of Mark Kerr, the legendary MMA fighter from the no-holds-barred era of the UFC at the peak of his career,” reads the film’s description. “He struggles with addiction, winning, love, and friendship in the year 2000.”

Emily Blunt was also reported to be in talks to star in the film alongside Johnson in February 2024. Johnson and Dany Garcia’s Seven Bucks Productions banner will produce the movie alongside Safdie’s Out for the Count banner, as well as Eli Bush and David Koplan.

Kerr is a former wrestler and mixed martial artist. He was previously the subject of the 2003 HBO documentary that was also called The Smashing Machine. Click here for more information on Mark “The Smashing Machine Kerr’s fight history.

A release date for The Smashing Machine has not yet been announced by A24.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yellowjackets Season 3 Officially Begins Production
Forum | 4 days ago

Yellowjackets Season 3 Officially Begins Production

OSPOLY notice to students on EED training classes
Forum | 5 days ago

OSPOLY notice to students on EED training classes

Downton Abbey 3 Begins Filming, Paul Giamatti & More Join Cast
Forum | 5 days ago

Downton Abbey 3 Begins Filming, Paul Giamatti & More Join Cast