"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Umahi Attacks Landmark Beach Owner

Forum 2 weeks ago

Umahi Attacks Landmark Beach Owner

Dave Umahi, the Minister of Works, has stated that Paul Onwuanibe, the Group Chief Executive Officer and founder of The Landmark Group, is ineligible to receive compensation from the Federal Government regarding the demolition of structures for the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway.

The Federal Government is currently demolishing properties along the shoreline to create a pathway for the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway.

The Landmark Group, owners of the Landmark beach in Lagos State, is believed to be one of the organisations that will be highly affected by the demolition.

However, Umahi has insisted that infrastructures belonging to Landmark were spared, hence the owner can’t make claims on the Federal Government.

Addressing journalists, the minister said the beach was on the right of way and shoreline.

He said: “No claim for Landmark, we spared all his infrastructure, we don’t pay for the demolition of shanties because it is on our right-of-way, 15 meters from the shoreline, so he has no claim.

“We made all efforts to spare his infrastructure. The Landmark owner is acting like a politician, me I’m an engineer.

“While he does all the politics, I am an engineer, I’ll do the engineering work. I don’t know the attention he is seeking.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Landmark University foreign students degree application form, 2024/2025
Forum | 1 week ago

Landmark University foreign students degree application form, 2024/2025

Send Warning Of Impending Terror Attacks To Us – Defense Minister, Matawalle Urges United States
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Send Warning Of Impending Terror Attacks To Us – Defense Minister, Matawalle Urges United States

Vigilante Kills Popular Restaurant Owner In Enugu
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Vigilante Kills Popular Restaurant Owner In Enugu

Activist, Fawaz Alabi, Drowns At Ibeshe Beach In Lagos
Forum | 1 month ago

Activist, Fawaz Alabi, Drowns At Ibeshe Beach In Lagos