Why I Love Funke Akindele - Uzee Usman

Forum 3 weeks ago

Why I Love Funke Akindele - Uzee Usman

Actor Uzee Usman has revealed why he so much love actress, Funke Akindele.

He spoke while sharing his thoughts on the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCA) nominations.

He also spoke on his experience working on the 2023 hit movie, ‘A Tribe Called Judah’.

In an interview with Legit, Uzee said acting the role ‘Adamu’ in the movie was one of the most challenging characters he has played in the movie industry.

However, Funke made the role interpretation easier for the cast.

He said: “It is one of the most challenging characters I have played, although Funke as a director made it easier for us because we were working and having fun. She helped us to interpret our roles.”

Speaking on his relationship with Funke, Usman said: “I knew her before the production of A Tribe Called Judah but we were not close. She is someone who appreciates people and speaks to them with respect. After the movie, we became very close and I love her very much because of the way she loves people around her.”

Usman also reacted to the complaints by some fans that some deserving actors were not nominated for the AMVCA.

He said: “I think the reason some people are complaining is because the award is focused on the viewers’ choice. It is the movie the people love the most that the fans expect to be there. I understand that it is complicated at times because it is humans that are the judges. So, they are not perfect but they are trying. I am hopeful that A Tribe Called Judah will win some awards.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Chris Hemsworth Became ‘A Parody of Himself’ in Thor: Love and Thunder
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Hemsworth Became ‘A Parody of Himself’ in Thor: Love and Thunder

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 6 days ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish

Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie

We Don’t Have To Be Negatively Competitive – Actress, Toyin Abraham Tells Funke Akindele
Forum | 1 week ago

We Don’t Have To Be Negatively Competitive – Actress, Toyin Abraham Tells Funke Akindele