Court Orders Nollywood Actress, Mariam Muftaudeen To Stop Defaming MC Oluomo

Forum 3 weeks ago

Court Orders Nollywood Actress, Mariam Muftaudeen To Stop Defaming MC Oluomo

The Ikeja High Court has ordered Nollywood actress, Mariam Muftaudeen, also known as Omo VC to stop defaming Chairman of the Lagos State Park Management Board, Alhaji Musiliu Akinsanya, popularly known as MC Oluomo.

The order was given by Justice M. Dawodu after hearing a Motion Exparte marked filed by Akinsanya through his lawyer, Adedotun Ajulo.

In a Certified True Copy (CTC) of the proceedings dated March 14, Justice Dawodu said the order shall elapse after 21 days.

The suit sought, among others, to prevent Ms. Muftaudeen from further publishing allegedly defamatory videos or articles about MC Oluomo pending the determination of the case.

Following the commencement of proceedings on March 14, and after hearing Ajulo, Justice Dawodu granted the application.

He said: “The respondent is hereby restrained from further releasing defamatory videos and/or further publishing libelous articles against the applicant pending the hearing and determination of the applicant’s originating summons against the respondent. This order shall lapse after 21 days from the date of issue.

“Leave is hereby granted to the applicant to serve the Memorandum of Claim, and the Enrolled Order of the ruling of the Court delivered on March 14, 2024, on the respondent by substituted means through the Sheriff of the Court through the respondent’s WhatsApp Number, through her Instagram Handle; @omovc, and by publication in a national daily newspaper.”

It was gathered that Ms. Muftaudeen, in an Instagram post she made in February, accused Akinsanya of threatening her life and that of her daughter. She claimed to have a daughter with Akinsanya, alleging he failed to support and provide for the child’s welfare.

She also alleged that Akinsanya ordered his security personnel to shoot at her during a visit to his residence.

But Akinsanya denied knowledge of any child between them, saying they had separated about two years ago and he was unaware of any child until the recent claims surfaced.

He emphasised that such accusations were defamatory and politically motivated, especially given the upcoming elections within the transportation industry.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife
Forum | 21 hours ago

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 3 days ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 4 days ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Actress Wumi Toriola Completes Master’s Degree at LAUTECH
Forum | 4 days ago

Actress Wumi Toriola Completes Master’s Degree at LAUTECH