Lashana Lynch Gives Update on Binary’s MCU Future

Forum 4 weeks ago

Lashana Lynch Gives Update on Binary’s MCU Future

Lashana Lynch briefly appeared at the end of 2023’s The Marvels as X-Men member Binary, a move that seemingly cemented her place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, according to the actress, her future is currently unknown.

Speaking with ComicBookMovie.com, Lynch was asked if The Marvels’ mid-credits scene — which featured Binary talking to the X-Men’s Beast about Monica Rambeau — was a hint that she would appear in a future X-Men project, something Lynch was quick to shut down.

“That’s not a sentence that’s been put to me at all; we’ve not had a conversation about that,” Lynch said. “I dipped in for, I think a day. I think I had one day on that film which is wild for it to be so impactful. I was there for a day because I was on Matilda at the time, so that’s wild.”

While fans may want to know what the future holds, Lynch went on to say that it’s often better to not know, and that Marvel works in mysterious ways.

“I used to find it a little bit of a hindrance to not know as I like to know what’s coming and plan, but I love now that I don’t know,” said Lynch. “I love that I didn’t know that was happening. That’s something that came across time as a slow plan. Well, for me, anyway. They probably had it planned the whole time.”

What is The Marvels about?

“Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel has reclaimed her identity from the tyrannical Kree and taken revenge on the Supreme Intelligence,” reads the film’s synopsis. “But unintended consequences see Carol shouldering the burden of a destabilized universe. When her duties send her to an anomalous wormhole linked to a Kree revolutionary, her powers become entangled with that of Jersey City super-fan, Kamala Khan aka Ms. Marvel, and Carol’s estranged niece Captain Monica Rambeau. Together, this unlikely trio must team-up and learn to work in concert to save the universe as The Marvels.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 16 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video
Forum | 1 day ago

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video