Economic Crisis: This Is A Delicate Period To Occupy Offices Like Ours - VP Kashim Shettima

Forum 1 month ago

Economic Crisis: This Is A Delicate Period To Occupy Offices Like Ours - VP Kashim Shettima

Vice-President Kashim Shettima has reacted to the current hardship being experienced by Nigerians.

According to him, it is a delicate period to be in public office in Nigeria because of the suffering experienced in the country.

Speaking at the 140th meeting of the National Economic Council (NEC) held virtually on Thursday, March 21, Shettima, who is the chairman of the Council, noted that the present administration plans to leave a legacy of prosperity and opportunity for Nigerians.

He appealed to Governors to prioritize whatever offers Nigerians a means to earn a living with dignity are part of President Tinubu’s eight-point agenda.

Shettima said;

“We must remain consistent in implementing the initiatives that alleviate the suffering of our citizens and be accountable in doing so. We must also ensure that interventions we deploy are non-discriminatory and favour all stakeholders, with no part of our communities or nation left lagging.

“When we empower entrepreneurs and small business owners, we unlock the potential for innovation, job creation, and economic growth. By providing access to financing, training, and mentorship programs, we unleash the entrepreneurial spirit that lies within every Nigerian, catalysing a wave of economic prosperity that benefits us all. We cannot achieve this without inclusivity and equitable access to opportunities. This is the ladder we must offer to every disadvantaged citizen.

“This is a delicate period to occupy offices like ours. We cannot remind ourselves enough that we have come at a time that tests the depth of our leadership and demands our most rational wisdom to make a difference."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother
Forum | 1 day ago

Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 2 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi
Forum | 4 days ago

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says
Forum | 4 days ago

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says