Carry Your Cross – Wike Gives Reasons For Backing Off From PDP Activities

Forum 1 month ago

Carry Your Cross – Wike Gives Reasons For Backing Off From PDP Activities

Nyesom Wike, a former Governor of Rivers State who is the current Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, has insisted he is still a member of the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

This is despite the threats to expel him from the main opposition party.

Wike fell out with the PDP hierarchy in the run-up to the 2023 presidential election.

He had insisted the party maintain its internal power-sharing formula by zoning the presidential ticket to southern Nigeria.

He then worked for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), leading to the emergence of President Bola Tinubu, who later appointed him as a minister.

“I am a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP),” he said during a media parley with selected journalists in Abuja. “Have you ever seen me change anything?

Wike has been absent from major meetings of the PDP and has not been seen campaigning for them in the recent off-cycle elections, he does not regret his action.

“The one I supported before, what happened? I have decided to take a break. As you see me now, everybody should carry their cross,”
Wike maintained.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Imo PDP Chairman, 26 Others Resign
Forum | 12 hours ago

Imo PDP Chairman, 26 Others Resign

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video
Forum | 1 day ago

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 days ago