I Got More Monet Than Other Lawmakers - Senator Ndume Reacts To Claim Senators Were Given N500M

Forum 1 month ago

I Got More Monet Than Other Lawmakers - Senator Ndume Reacts To Claim Senators Were Given N500M

Senate Chief Whip, Ali Ndume has admitted that he received more N200m allocation given to some of his colleagues.

According to him, he received more because he is a principal officer in the 10th National Assembly.

Senator Ndume, who represents Borno South Senatorial District, said this on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme on Wednesday, March 13.

The lawmaker was responding to allegations by Senator Jarigbe Agom-Jarigbe from Cross River North, who said on Tuesday, March 12, that some senators got a total of N500 million each from the 2024 Budget for constituency projects.

Reacting, Ali Ndume said, “My colleagues know that I got more than them [floor members].

“All the senators have N200m (each) as their constituency projects but I am a leader. That is the difference. 10 of us are leaders including those in the opposition. We get more than the floor members. It’s normal…My colleagues know that I go more than them.”

Recall that Senator Abdul Ningi from Bauchi Central Senatorial District had made allegations of budget padding to the tune of N3.7trn. Ningi said the N3.7trn was not tied to any project in the 2024 N28.7trn budget.

He was suspended following this allegation.

While lawmakers debated Ningi's budget padding claims, Senator Agom-Jarigbe on Tuesday, March 12, alleged that some Senators are guilty of such practice.

Asked on TV whether the claim by Agom-Jarigbe was true, Ndume said, “It’s disparity now, we are not the same; all animals are equal but some are more equal than the other. That’s what the case is. They have agreed to that.

“All the senators have N200m (each) as their constituency projects but I am a leader. That is the difference. 10 of us are leaders including those in the opposition. We get more than the floor members. It’s normal.

“That decision is taken by the senators. We have the Senate budget committee before but now the floor members entrusted that to the presiding officers. That’s the difference. So, most of the senators don’t know what I get and I will not tell you.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Senator Ayogu Eze Is Dead
Forum | 18 hours ago

Senator Ayogu Eze Is Dead

Yahaya Bello Given Privileges Bobrisky Was Denied – Bwala
Forum | 18 hours ago

Yahaya Bello Given Privileges Bobrisky Was Denied – Bwala

Ghanaian Media Personality, Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Her Leaked S3x Tape
Forum | 1 day ago

Ghanaian Media Personality, Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Her Leaked S3x Tape