The Bear: Ayo Edebiri Is Making Her Directorial Debut in Season 3 of FX/Hulu Series

Forum 1 month ago

The Bear: Ayo Edebiri Is Making Her Directorial Debut in Season 3 of FX/Hulu Series

Ayo Edebiri will make her directorial debut in the third season of The Bear.

Per Vogue, Edebiri revealed she plans to make her directorial debut by helming an episode of The Bear Season 3.

“The first time I met [series creator Christopher Storer], I was 21, and he was like, ‘You’re a director,’” Edebiri recalled. “I was like, Mind your business, bro.’ But then last season, he said, ‘Come to set, just come to set, see what happens.’”

“And I was like, Oh, okay. Yeah. I think I want to do this,” she said about taking Storer’s advice.

When will The Bear Season 3 come out?

During a recent presentation at the Television Critics Association’s winter 2023 press tour, chairman John Landgraf confirmed that The Bear will return for its third season in June 2024.

Edebiri plays Sydney Adamu in The Bear, while the rest of the main cast includes Jeremy Allen White as Carmen “Carmy” Berzatto, Ebon Moss-Bachrach as Richard “Richie” Jerimovich, Lionel Boyce as Marcus Brooks, Liza Colón-Zayas as Tina Marrero, Abby Elliot as Natalie “Sugar” Berzatto, and Matty Matheson as Neil Fak.

Other stars involved in the series include Jon Bernthal as Michael “Mikey” Berzatto, Molly Gordon as Claire, Oliver Platt as Jimmy “Cicero” Kalinowski, Jamie Lee Curtis as Donna Berzatto, Joel McHale as Carmy’s former boss, Will Poulter as Luca, Bob Odenkirk as Lee Lane, Sarah Paulson as Michelle Berzatto, and John Mulaney as Stevie.

“The Bear follows Carmen “Carmy” Berzatto, a young chef from the fine dining world, who comes home to Chicago to run his family sandwich shop – The Original Beef of Chicagoland – after a heartbreaking death in his family,” the synopsis for the series reads. “A world away from what he’s used to, Carmy must balance the soul-crushing realities of small business ownership, his strong-willed and recalcitrant kitchen staff, and his strained familial relationships, all while grappling with the impact of his brother’s suicide. The Bear is about food, family, the insanity of the grind, the beauty of Sense of Urgency and the steep slippery downsides. As Carmy fights to transform both The Original Beef of Chicagoland and himself, he works alongside a rough-around-the-edges kitchen crew that ultimately reveal themselves as his chosen family.”

The Bear is executive produced by Christopher Storer, Joanna Calo, Hiro Murai, Nate Matteson, and Josh Senior.

The first two seasons of The Bear are currently streaming on Hulu.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag

Double Booked: Adam Scott Sets Directorial Debut With Star-Filled Cast
Forum | 1 day ago

Double Booked: Adam Scott Sets Directorial Debut With Star-Filled Cast

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal
Forum | 1 day ago

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal