Nigeria Going Through Challenging Times, Pray For Our Country – Peter Obi to Muslims

Forum 1 month ago

Nigeria Going Through Challenging Times, Pray For Our Country – Peter Obi to Muslims

Peter Obi, the Labour Party Presidential candidate in the 2023 election has made a plea to Muslims.

He urged the Muslim faithful to utilize the period of Ramadan to pray for the nation and ask God to lead the country out of the challenging times.

Obi, in a post on his X handle on Monday, said Ramadan is more than personal reflection, adding it is a time for unity and collective purpose.

The former Anambra State Governor urged Muslims to use the period for introspection, strengthen their connection with Allah (SWT), and emerge from Ramadan reenergized in their faith.

According to him, people should harness the spirit of Ramadan to strengthen the bonds of brotherhood and sisterhood nationwide.

“I believe that we will use this moment to pray for the nation in these most trying times, to guide and protect our country to lead us out of these challenging times.

“Dear brothers and sisters in Islam, as the crescent moon heralds the onset of the holy month of Ramadan, I extend my warmest wishes for a blessed Ramadan.

“As you embark on this sacred journey of fasting, prayer, and self-reflection, let us embrace the spirit of Ramadan with open hearts and unwavering faith. May the sacrifices of this period cleanse our hearts and renew our love for one another.

“May this month be filled with abundant peace, finding inner tranquillity through devotion to Allah (SWT), and resonating with peace throughout our nation. May the blessings of Ramadan bring you closer to Allah (SWT) and fill your hearts with the joy of faith and community.

“Utilize this time for introspection, strengthen your connection with Allah (SWT), and emerge from Ramadan reenergized in your faith. Ramadan is more than personal reflection; it is a time for unity and collective purpose.

“Let us harness the spirit of Ramadan to strengthen the bonds of brotherhood and sisterhood nationwide. Share Iftar meals, offer support to those in need, and celebrate the togetherness of defining the Islamic community.

“Promote peace and understanding within Nigeria. May the lessons of Ramadan – compassion, empathy, and self-restraint – guide our interactions and foster a more peaceful society.

“Contribute to the progress and productivity of our beloved nation. May the discipline and focus honed during Ramadan regenerate dedication to building a better Nigeria for all,” Obi said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 3 days ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud
Forum | 3 days ago

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 4 days ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani