EPL: Man City left deflated after failing to beat Liverpool – Stones

Forum 1 month ago

EPL: Man City left deflated after failing to beat Liverpool – Stones

Manchester City defender, John Stones has said his team were left deflated after a 1-1 draw prevented Pep Guardiola’s side from taking over at the top of the Premier League table.

Stones turned in Kevin De Bruyne’s low corner in the 23rd minute to reward Man City’s early domination at Anfield.

But Alexis Mac Allister equalised from the penalty spot shortly after halftime and the visitors were at a stretching point as they resisted a storming Liverpool second-half display.

The draw extended Man City’s unbeaten run in all competitions to 21 games.

But they are now third in the Premier League standings in what is shaping up to be an epic fight to the end with Liverpool and Arsenal.

“We had quite a lot of chances early on in the game and maybe could have been two or three up,” Stones said at his post-match interview after the game.

“But we know what we are coming into when we come here and the opposition we are playing and I think we feel a bit deflated in the dressing room, we came here to win.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 3 mins ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 8 mins ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 10 mins ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 13 mins ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham