Nwabali is proof – Enyeama clears air on placing ‘curse’ on Super Eagles

Forum 1 month ago

Nwabali is proof – Enyeama clears air on placing ‘curse’ on Super Eagles

Former Super Eagles goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, has claimed that the emergence of Stanley Nwabali as the new number one ends the superstition that he cursed the team.

Enyeama retired from international football after 101 caps for Nigeria, following a disagreement with the then-head coach, Sunday Oliseh.

Since his exit, the three-time African champions have struggled to replace him.

With Maduka Okoye not available for the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations and Francis Uzoho not convincing with his performances, coach Jose Peseiro called up Nwabali for the tournament.

Despite not playing any competitive game prior, Nwabali impressed as the team reached the final.

“I think Stanley (Nwabali) came in at the right time; for a long time, we have been clamouring for a goalkeeper,” Enyeama told Lagos Talks FM, as per Afrik-Foot.

“We didn’t readily have Okoye, and Uzoho had done well with the national team, but his form is unfortunate.

“I pray he continues in this good form and ends all the talks about me cursing the national team or casting a spell on the national team.

“I received a lot of nasty messages accusing me of all sorts, but thankfully, Stanley came in and helped change that narrative by breaking through the ranks.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone
Forum | 2 days ago

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud
Forum | 2 days ago

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy
Forum | 1 week ago

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy