Kanye West's $20 Million Was Not JAY-Z Handout

Forum 6 years ago

Kanye West's $20 Million Was Not JAY-Z Handout

JAY-Z slammed [arrlink]Kanye West[/artlink] on his new album 4:44 by implying that he gave him $20 million just like that. But according to TMZ, the large sum of money received by West was "an advance from Roc Nation to cover expenses for his Saint Pablo Tour."

After Jay's 4:44 album dropped, the opening track "Kill Jay Z" painted a hell of a Picasso, implying that Kanye was the recipient of $20 million worth of glorified handouts:

"I know people backstab you, I felt bad too / But this 'fu-Ck everybody!' attitude ain't natural / But you ain't a saint, this ain't kumbaye / But you got hurt because you did cool by 'Ye / You gave him 20 million without blinkin' / fu-Ck was he thinkin'?"

TMZ cited "sources with direct knowledge" of the two's business dealings, reporting Tuesday that the $20 million in question was an advance intended to cover Saint Pablo Tour expenses ranging from general production costs to staff payments.

[ads4]

In a separate report, TMZ claimed that Jay's supposed West criticism on "Kill Jay Z" was in response to comments West made during a Saint Pablo Tour stop last November. If the story is accurate, it turns out the real reason for the rift between Hov and Ye's infamous rant indeed and not him being owed $3 million for his TIDAL contributions.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham

Owen Wilson Turned Down $12 Million to Star in O.J. Simpson Conspiracy Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Owen Wilson Turned Down $12 Million to Star in O.J. Simpson Conspiracy Movie