Justin Bieber Made DJ Khaled Play Him In Hockey Before Recording “I’m The One”

Forum 7 years ago

Justin Bieber Made DJ Khaled Play Him In Hockey Before Recording “I’m The One”

DJ Khaled recently sat down with Billboard to chop it up about his upcoming Grateful album, among other things.

Well one of the more interesting things that came out of the interview was the fact that Bieber made Khaled play him in floor hockey before he would record the hook on what would become “Im The One.”

At the time, Khaled had recently secured the Nic Nac-produced instrumental and said he knew he wanted Bieber to sing the hook on the song. So Khaled took no chances when it was time to persuade Bieber to join the track.

[ads4]

“I hung up, jumped in the Rolls and brought a PA just to make sure I presented it right,”
Khaled said reliving the moment Bieber invited him to his crib to pitch the track.

However there was a catch. Khaled wasn’t able to leave the crib until he played him in floor hockey. Ultimately, everything worked out, although Khaled says he “took the beating for the song.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Euro 2024: ‘They’re strong, play best football’ – Capello on country that’ll win tournament
Forum | 1 week ago

Euro 2024: ‘They’re strong, play best football’ – Capello on country that’ll win tournament

A24 Friday the 13th Series Wanted Charlize Theron to Play Jason’s Mother
Forum | 1 week ago

A24 Friday the 13th Series Wanted Charlize Theron to Play Jason’s Mother

Transfer: Messi reveals last club he will play for before retirement
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Transfer: Messi reveals last club he will play for before retirement

Euro 2024: Mbappe names team he wants France to play in final
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Euro 2024: Mbappe names team he wants France to play in final