Serie A: Atalanta boss thumbs up Lookman for offensive improvement

Forum 1 month ago

Serie A: Atalanta boss thumbs up Lookman for offensive improvement

Atalanta manager Gian Piero Gasperini has admitted that Ademola Lookman is now a better player compared to when he first arrived at the club.

Lookman is in his second season at the Gewiss Stadium following his arrival from Bundesliga outfit, RB Leipzig two years ago.

The 26-year-old was La Dea’s top scorer last season with 13 goals and three assists in 31 league appearances.

The Nigeria international has so far scored eight goals and registered three assists in 21 league outings this season.

Gasperini was quick to praise the winger for raising his game.

“We all see Lookman‘s potential and speed, but we must admit that he once didn’t play so offensively,” Gasperini said per Pazzi di Fanta.

“He used to score 6/7 goals a year, while now he is quick, good at dribbling, even strong with his head. I encourage him because every now and then, he hides from the game, but I believe that when he approaches the area, he can become a reference player for our team.”

Lookman featured for 90 minutes in Atalanta’s Europa League clash against Sporting Lisbon of Portugal on Wednesday night.

He has now failed to score In 19 games In Europe dating back to his time at Leicester City and RB Leipzig.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title
Forum | 5 days ago

Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title

‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display
Forum | 4 days ago

‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 1 week ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman