I can never say no to Nigeria – Enyeama hints at return to Super Eagles

Forum 1 month ago

I can never say no to Nigeria – Enyeama hints at return to Super Eagles

Former Nigeria goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, has admitted he would love to return to the national team set-up if offered the chance.

Enyeama is widely regarded as one of the greatest ever goalkeepers to have represented the country.

The 41-year-old made 101 appearances for the Super Eagles before his controversial retirement in 2015 after a clash with former head coach, Sunday Oliseh.

However, in an interview with Lagos Talks, Enyeama said: “Becoming a goalkeeper coach, first of all, I’m not yet certified. If they want me to be like Zidane, who was not yet certified, but Real Madrid had faith in him, it can happen.

“I don’t have a problem if they wake up tomorrow and say, Vincent, come and be part of the setup- I will gladly do it. I can never say no to my country, I have always said that.

“I can never say no to Nigeria. I will bring my experience over the years in Europe, and we will do it. But they have to call me first.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League
Forum | 2 hours ago

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 15 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus
Forum | 1 day ago

You Can’t Stand Beside Me And Say Something Negative About Davido - Sabinus

It
Forum | 1 day ago

It's Difficult To Say RIP - Zubby Michael Posts Junior Pope On Instagram After He Was Dragged For Not Mourning