ScHoolboy Q Says Black Hippy Album May Never come true

Forum 6 years ago

ScHoolboy Q Says Black Hippy Album May Never come true

Schoolboy Q recently sat down with Montreality to discuss a host of topics, including a possible Black Hippy album. Unfortunately, the TDE artist said although he isn’t against linking with Jay Rock, Ab Soul and Kendrick Lamar for a full-length project, he doesn’t see it happening anytime soon.

When asked about the status of a Black Hippy album, ScHoolboy Q did not have a favorable response. According to Groovy Q, he doesn’t see there being enough time with all the members in the zone on their own solo music and busy with their personal lives. Though he thinks the chances of a Black Hippy album are slim at present, ScHoolboy doesn’t rule it out completely.

“If we can make it work, I’m down to do it. Those my homies, of course I want to do the album with them. It’s just the time. It’s a lot of time put into albums. We’re not just gonna go into the studio and finish the album in a month,” explains the TDE rapper.

Q also spoke on how he lost his virginity, drugs, humble nature of TDE artists, 50 Cent’s influence on him and more. “I hated on Get Rich Or Die Tryin’. I was hating on 50 cause I was so much into Nas. Once I got over that hate stage, 50 became one of my biggest inspirations to rap, if it wasn’t for him no telling what I’d be doing.”

Watch the interview below.

[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Black Rabbit: Jason Bateman-Led Netflix Series Adds 11 to Cast
Forum | 2 days ago

Black Rabbit: Jason Bateman-Led Netflix Series Adds 11 to Cast

Karen Gillan and Zoë Chao Cast in New Comedy From Black Adam Writer, Let’s Have Kids!
Forum | 4 days ago

Karen Gillan and Zoë Chao Cast in New Comedy From Black Adam Writer, Let’s Have Kids!

Tron: Ares Visual Effects Will ‘Push Forward What Can Be Done,’ Says Cameron Monaghan
Forum | 4 days ago

Tron: Ares Visual Effects Will ‘Push Forward What Can Be Done,’ Says Cameron Monaghan

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 week ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel