BREAKING: Edo State House Of Assembly Set To Impeach Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu

Forum 1 month ago

BREAKING: Edo State House Of Assembly Set To Impeach Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu

The Edo State House Of Assembly is set to commence impeachment proceedings against the Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu.

The lawmakers issued the impeachment notice during plenary on Wednesday, 6th March, 2024.

Shaibu’s impeachment notice might not be unconnected to his face-off with the state Governor, Godwin Obaseki that had led to him losing out during the just concluded Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, gubernatorial election primaries in the state.

Recall that Shaibu had alleged a plot to impeach him from office, claiming his governorship ambition was responsible for the plot.

He was elected during a parallel primary election conducted in his residence in Benin City, the state capital.

Asue Ighodalo was also announced winner of another PDP primary exercise which took place at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin.

The embattled deputy governor had said:
“Even as we speak, my team has been calling me that, ‘Look at what these people are doing’.

“They are saying they are going to impeach you, that you have gotten too far.’ They are threatening to impeach me.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FG Set To Merge CBN’s NIRSAL, Bank Of Agriculture
Forum | 18 hours ago

FG Set To Merge CBN’s NIRSAL, Bank Of Agriculture

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says
Forum | 18 hours ago

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Theatrical Rerelease Dates Set for 2024 Return
Forum | 1 day ago

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Theatrical Rerelease Dates Set for 2024 Return

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie