Hardship: Buhari Sold Nigeria’s Future – Gov Mutfwang

Forum 1 month ago

Hardship: Buhari Sold Nigeria’s Future – Gov Mutfwang

Plateau State Governor, Caleb Mutfwang, has blamed the immediate past president, Muhammadu Buhari for the current hardship witnessed by Nigerians.

Mutfwang specifically said that “we sold our future under the last administration.”

The governor spoke on Monday during the swearing-in of 22 Special Advisers and heads of government agencies at the Government House in Jos.

“We are at a very difficult juncture in the history of this country and I’m an advocate that after the election you forget politics and face governance.

“And even though the Federal Government is being led by a party other than my own, I owe you the duty to tell Nigerians the truth that this government inherited a worse situation than 1999.”

Mutfwang said Buhari left the country’s economy in terrible shape for his successor, President Bola Tinubu.

He said: “This government inherited an economy where we simply printed money up to the tune of N30tn and shared.

“This government inherited an economy where the crude oil we’re yet to take out of the ground had been sold in advance.

“So, when you’re talking about the fall of the naira, it’s not rocket science. We sold our future under the last administration.”

According to him, this explains the hunger and widespread looting of warehouses and food stores across the country.

“No wonder you’re hearing of riots today, people intercepting food on the way. We are lucky on the plateau that perhaps we have more food than many other states.

“And I pray that the time will not come on the Plateau that we will see this kind of riot for food, but it means we must roll up our sleeves and get to work.

“And that is why, for us as a government, when we announced one of the positions that talked about food security, people were laughing but it is a serious issue,” he stated.

Mutfwang further said his administration plans to set up a special agro-processing zone in the Barkin Ladi Local Government Area in partnership with the African Development Bank to the tune of $300m.

He urged the new appointees help the administration to reverse the ugly situation in the state for the good of the people, adding that Plateau people have suffered enough distraction.

“You know of the bloodshed on the Plateau. The time is now to say enough is enough,” he added

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 23 hours ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 2 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 2 days ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election