EPL: I’m scared to celebrate – Arsenal’s Odegaard

Forum 1 month ago

EPL: I’m scared to celebrate – Arsenal’s Odegaard

Arsenal captain, Martin Odegaard has joked that he is ‘scared’ to celebrate after Liverpool legend, Jamie Carragher slammed him for over-celebrating in the past.

Recall that after Arsenal defeated Liverpool 3-1 at the Emirates in February, Odegaard celebrated by taking pictures of the club photographer in front of jubilant fans.

His actions drew the ire of Carragher, who said: “Dear me. Just get down the tunnel. You have won a game. It is three points.”

However, the pair were reunited on Monday night, after Arsenal thrashed Sheffield United 6-0 at Bramall Lane.

Odegaard scored the opening goal against Sheffield within five minutes and was later awarded player of the match.

Carragher was among those interviewing the Norway midfielder at post-match where he cheekily told him: “Martin, it was a fantastic performance by yourself and a great win for the team.

“I just didn’t see the photographer on the pitch! Is he in the dressing room? Are you going to get together?

A laughing Odegaard responded: “I was waiting for you to say something!

“I was too scared to [take a photo] today, so I went straight inside today!.

Reflecting on the game against Sheffield, Odegaard added: “We know it is a tough place to come so we have done really good from the start, we took control of the game.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race