Black Coffee Reveals Why He Kept His Disabled Arm a Secret

Forum 6 years ago

Black Coffee Reveals Why He Kept His Disabled Arm a Secret

Premium DJ, Black Coffee shocked the country when he revealed in an Instagram post that his left arm is disabled following an accident when he was younger. In a recent interview with Bridget Masinga on Kaya FM he said the reason he chose not to reveal the ordeal is because he didn’t want to be known as a disabled DJ.

“It was a very important moment for me, to post that picture. When I started my career, I had to sit down and think how do I want to be known…I could have been that new DJ with a disability if I started out with the story…I completely shut that door,” he said.

Black Coffee however added that he has since found peace after making the big relation this year. “It’s been a long journey now on myself to deal with it quietly and finding strength. The people around me know that I wear a brace but it’s never been in public. The more I do it, I feel so free. Especially overseas I would, because no one knows who Black Coffee is and no one really cares. But locally people start staring and I had to get over that,” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nollywood Actress, Amaka Chukwujewu Opens Up About Her Life, Reveals What Turns Her On
Forum | 3 days ago

Nollywood Actress, Amaka Chukwujewu Opens Up About Her Life, Reveals What Turns Her On

Davido Reveals Fate Of Peruzzi, Other DMW Artists As He Launches New Record Label
Forum | 3 days ago

Davido Reveals Fate Of Peruzzi, Other DMW Artists As He Launches New Record Label

House of the Dragon Season 2 Video: Cast Reveals Which Team Deserves the Throne
Forum | 4 days ago

House of the Dragon Season 2 Video: Cast Reveals Which Team Deserves the Throne

Ernest Obi Reveals How Much Producers Pay Their PAs, Leads Procession For Late Junior Pope
Forum | 5 days ago

Ernest Obi Reveals How Much Producers Pay Their PAs, Leads Procession For Late Junior Pope