Riky Rick Defends SA Rappers With American Accent

Forum 6 years ago

Riky Rick Defends SA Rappers With American Accent

Riky Ricky has defended South African rappers with American accent in recent interview. Several rappers from the South have been accused of trying to sound American with A-Reece, the recent target last month.

“My accent is different from Cassper’s accent. Emtee’s accent is different. Everyone raps differently. AKA’s accent is different also. It is the difference in the way they speak. The way we speak English is not the same way we speak Zulu. Even if I spoke English, people wouldn’t know where I am from,” Riky Rick told The Ubunifu Space.

The rapper however admitted that he wasn’t hurt by it, but says other rappers are hurt. “It hurts people. Because that is a diss back home. ‘It’s not America here. You sound American’ is a diss,” Riky Rick added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 3 days ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With
Forum | 3 days ago

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 4 days ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer

Jnr Pope: What Exactly Is Her Crime? She Was Only A Victim Of Circumstance - Uche Ogbodo Defends Movie Producer, Adanma Luke
Forum | 4 days ago

Jnr Pope: What Exactly Is Her Crime? She Was Only A Victim Of Circumstance - Uche Ogbodo Defends Movie Producer, Adanma Luke